Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas After a Hurricane!

I was right in the middle of enjoying Fall and Halloween when we were hit with Hurricane Sandy.  Hurricane Sandy was a nasty hurricane that tore through our town as well as surrounding towns leaving total and complete devastation behind.  Our street was one of the luckier streets in town that suffered no damage.   Our town on the other hand wasn't so lucky.  Our town as well as the Jersey Shore has been forever changed by Sandy.  I had mixed emotions and wasn't sure that I wanted to celebrate the upcoming holidays for many reasons.  One reason is that so many people living in my hometown do not have a home anymore.  I felt guilty for wanting to decorate and celebrate.  My brother and sister-in-law were one of thousands of homeowners not so lucky.  They are determined to rebuild and replace and move on.  My sister-in-law says no matter what she will have a christmas tree.  So maybe that is a good attitude to have.  I'm thinking that maybe my decorations will be in moderation this year!


I'm dreaming of a silver and white holiday ......so I'm looking for inspiration ......

I Love chippy shutters....



just the right amount of snow...




what a stunning staircase......


perfect touch...



I'm dreaming of white train cases!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment